Tuesday, August 16, 2011

making the chocolate nutmeg connection

Source: etsy.com via Najwa on Pinterest


When I was a teen I remember tasting a piece of cake from a german bakery that was incredible.  So incredible that I'm blogging about it years later! It was a chocolate covered (like set hard chocolate) chocolate nutmeg cake from a bakery in Eumundi QLD.  Have you ever tried chocolate and nutmeg together? I'm rediscovering it. On Sunday I had a very special hot chocolate.  You might like to try it too?

Orange, chocolate and nutmeg warmer
A mug of milk
A piece of orange peel*
3 heaped teaspoons of best quality hot chocolate mix
Nutmeg

Microwave the milk with the orange peel in the milk
When it's warmed up remove the peel and mix in the hot chocolate mix
Sprinkle with a little nutmeg and stir again
Drink up buttercup!
*when you slice off the orange peel be sure not to get any of the white pith. The pith will make the drink bitter and taste awful.