Wednesday, November 16, 2011

well begun is half done

 Not my laundry room but lovely no?

How's your laundry looking? I've had all sorts of laundry rooms in my time from a shared laundry in the garage to a lovely 'able to swing a cat' complete with luxury sized walk in linen cupboard. No matter what though I think the most important thing in a laundry is baskets. I like to keep our laundry baskets in the laundry room instead of in the bathrooms (no hauling them through the house then!). I have a real passion for making things easy where I can especially if it lets me get my house work done more efficiently. So might I suggest, if you have the room, having 3 baskets in your laundry room and try the pre  wash day separation technique
1 for lights
1 for darks
1 for towels, tea towels, placemats, dish cloths etc.
I instigated this little system about 4 months ago and I L-O-V-E it. Just a case of lift and tip right into the machine no more messy piles on the floor when sorting. I hang my bra's over the side of the basket all ready to go into the lingerie bag on wash day. Awesome. Do you have a system?