Friday, March 2, 2012

How to boil the perfect egg!

I think boiled eggs are such a beautiful snack. When ever I eat one I feel satisfied right after and feel like I'm bring really kind to my body. The perfect cooking technique can trip a lot of people up though. I like my eggs the middle ground of soft and hard boiled. The method below is how I achieve my perfect egg.

Pop eggs into a small saucepan
Fill with cold water until the eggs are just covered
Set the pan on a high heat
Watch closely and time 1 minute exact from the moment the eggs begin a rolling boil
At 1 minute remove the pan from the hot plate and time 5 minutes exactly
When 5 minutes is up pop the pan in the sink and tip out all the hot water.
Run the cold water into the saucepan until the eggs are cold enough to hold in your hand and aren't exuding heat
Peel
Eat up!