Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Think! or The Anne effect





Did you ever read Anne of Green Gables?  Don't you love Anne with an E!?

If I learnt anything from the book it was that being a bit fierce is ok. Anne was an inspiration in a sometimes insipid world. Anne was unfiltered, uncensored and unstoppable in her pursuit for achievment.

Recently a friend recommended the book Think! by Lisa Bloom. Can I just say KABOOM?! It opened my mind to so many possibilities.  I ordered a subscription to National Geographic only pages into reading Think! I'd neglected my brain long enough.

It's lovely to be a stay at home Mum and to serve scrumptious dinners and take pride in the vacuuming but it's even better to be able to talk with the kids (and others) about space, geography, global warming and encourage them to learn, learn, LEARN!

It made me hungry for learning. Reading Think! made me imagine that it would be the book Anne Shirley would write to the girls in the world think it's cute to act dumb. It would make a great Christmas gift from teens upward. Acting dumb isn't cute, I'd rather be smart.